FANS FORUM: THOMAS COOK MEETING
Although CFCnet did not participate in the recent Fans Forum initiative on away travel with Thomas Cook Sport, as a service to our readers we feel obliged to publish the minutes from the recent meeting at Stamford Bridge:
Here are the notes/action points:
Thomas Cook action points
- At away games in Europe information sheets/cards should be handed out with emergency contact details on it
- There are still a few complaints from Moscow that have not been dealt with – TC will action
- The fact that TC charge a 2.5% credit card booking fee should be communicated earlier in purchase process
- It should be communicated that no drinking on trains is a law and not a Thomas Cook rule
- Can the train to domestic away games stop somewhere outside London, e.g. Peterborough?
- At European games Thomas Cook staff should be clearly visible with bright, noticeable clothing and bold branding
CFC action points
- We should consider doing a stop half way on domestic away games, i.e. for games in North of England the bus should make 1 or 2 stops in midlands or north of London
- Information on travel arrangements and availability of trains needs to be communicated much earlier
- Can the club offer free transport to Hull & Middlesbrough?
- Can the club consider child concessions for travel?
- Coaches currently in use for domestic games are dirty and old fashioned. Clutch appears to be spent on one coach in particular
- Disabled fans must travel with a carer, and they must pay full price for that carer. Can the club subsidise this?
- Can we operate a coach from the South West of England to cater for fans in the region? This could then stop in London to collect majority of passengers and continue up north to games
A review meeting will happen at some point in the future. News on this will come in due course.