Costa scores against Swansea City
Costa scores against Swansea City

Chelsea will host Swansea at Stamford Bridge in the Premier League this Saturday 25th February. The action kicks off at 3pm, and is set to be an entertaining and action-packed home game.

Chelsea are currently sitting tidy at the top of the table, a nifty 8 points clear of Manchester City in second. They are also showing good form, scoring an effortless win against Wolves in the recent FA cup match, and dominating the majority of their recent Premier League games.

Swansea, on the other hand, are facing an entirely different sort of battle, and have been grasping their way out of the relegation zone, recently pulling themselves a few points clear.

However, Swansea have been showing fighting spirit as of late, and have won 4 out of 6 of their last league games, including a shock 3-2 win against Liverpool. Antonia Conte should not be taking this game lightly, even if the history is on his side.

Chelsea have won 14 out of their 32 games against Swansea, drawn 11, and lost 7. That’s a pretty telling record, but recent history tells a slightly different story. In April 2016, Chelsea lost 1-0 away to Swansea, and in September 2016 they only managed a 2-2 draw.

According to the Smartbets odds for Chelsea vs Swansea, Chelsea have a 1/4 (76%) odds of a win, 5/1 (16% chance of a draw) and a 13/1 (8%) chance of a loss.

We can expect Antonia Conte to return to a more regular line-up after resting some major players in the FA cup game against Wolves.

Keeper Thibaut Courtois may still be suffering from a stomach bug, and so second keeper Asmir Begovic may get more game time. Nathan Dyer will be out all season following an Achilles injury, and Ki Sung-yeung is still out. Montero may still be on the bench with a hamstring problem, and we may or may not see the return of Leon Britton.

We expect the starting 11 Chelsea players to be Courtois; Azpilicueta, Luiz and Cahill at the back; Moses, Kante, Matic and Alonso in the middle; Pedro, Hazard and Costa up front.

The history suggests a Chelsea win, the form and consistency of play suggest a Chelsea win, and the odds at the bookies suggest a Chelsea win, but can they make it count on home turf this Saturday?

Facebook Comments